JXTA Skateable Art Plaza Host - Apply Today!
JXTA Skate Plaza Host(s)
Role and Duties
1) Help create and maintain a positive, skate-friendly environment. Address, redirect, and intervene with plaza users if necessary, to maintain a positive environment that is welcoming to all.
2) Loan out and manage skateboards and helmets to users of the plaza, using provided skateboards and helmets.
3) Maintain water access to plaza users by filling water jug when necessary. Pick up trash as needed and encourage plaza users to help maintain a clean plaza.
4) Relay tips and insight into best methods/techniques to beginning skateboarders.
5) Recognize and help participants who need to update or maintain skateboards, using provided tools and supplies.
6) Record participation levels during each session, and relay any highlights or concerns that come up.
Skills and Requirements
1) Positive attitude and an encouraging demeanor.
2) Comfortable meeting and interacting with people of many ages and backgrounds.
3) Novice or higher skateboard skills.
4) Punctual and prompt, so that hours for “Drop In” sessions are maintained.
5) 18 years old or older. Background check will be required.
Please provide two personal or professional references (not immediate family).
Hours Available and Pay
Ideally we are looking for someone who is available Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 3-6 pm, and/or Saturdays 10 am-1pm, Sept-October. Additional event days and regular weekly days may be available.
If interested, apply above. Questions at email email@example.com